New Cover - Egyptian Series

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

New Cover - Egyptian Series

Postby joebw » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have the first three Eygptian series in paperback with the new covers for sale? Thanks for helping.

Joe Wright
joebw

Postby Bee » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:32 pm

Check out the online stores such as Amazon or Chapters... :D
Bee
Founder Member

Re: New Cover - Egyptian Series

Postby joebw » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:07 pm

Hello,

Has "The Quest" come out in paperback in the UK? If so, anyone have a picture of the cover that they can post?

Thanks - Joe (USA)
joebw

Postby Ramon » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:25 am

I don't think the paperback of the Quest will be released until April 2008. But I may be wrong. In fact, I have been wrong once...
Ramon
Member+
Member+

Postby Matbow » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:06 pm

The Quest Paperback was released on the 5th of Oct in the UK. The cover looks like this:

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Ada » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:36 pm

According to Pan Macmillan Aust. The Trade Paperback* of The Quest came out on 1st Nov. 07 and it’s currently listed as #5 on their What’s Hot list.

*So that’s what those funny sized paperbacks are called – i.e. “Trade Paperbacks” (TPB). I was correct, they are the same size as the hardbacks. For years I kept seeing them come out after the hardbacks but prior to normal sized paperbacks and I couldn’t understand why they bothered. Actually, now that I have found out, I’m surprised there is a big enough market for them to make it profitable. Is there anyone on this forum who collects them? As I’ve stated before, the simple reason I collect the normal paperbacks is the fact they are smaller and I can therefore fit more books into the limited amount of space I have. I know the paper quality is better on the TPBs and they will therefore last a lot longer but if you were going to collect them for an investment, then surely the hardbacks would be the way to go.

Wikipedia states:
Paperbacks include inexpensive mass market paperbacks, in the standard "pocketbook" format generally printed on inexpensive paper, which will discolor and disintegrate over a period of decades, and more expensive trade paperbacks in larger formats printed on quality paper, sometimes acid-free paper.

"A Format" paperbacks are 110mm x 178mm (4.33" x 7.01") in size, "B Format" paperbacks are 130mm x 198mm (5.12" x 7.8"), while "C Format" (trade paperbacks) are 135mm x 216mm (5.32" x 8.51").[1]

The footnote [1] was worth checking out as it discusses the problems authors face.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby Nathan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:25 pm

I must say that I like the new covers quite a lot. They're very appropriate for the setting of Ancient Egypt and manage to catch the eye without trouble. That said though, I'm even more fond of the traditional black and gold covers of most other WS novels (which include my entire collection so far - I even went out of my way to buy an older copy of Elephant Song for this very reason) so when it comes time to pick up the Egypt collection I shall have to decide which covers I prefer! :D
Nathan

Return to The Egyptians