Favourite TV show?

Re: Favourite TV show?

Postby Matbow » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:10 pm

Going off on a slight tangent, I'm loving Top Gear at the moment. For those not "in the know" it's a British Car programme.

This one of the segments in last Sundays episode - one of the smallest cars in the world. Very funny!

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Bakela » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Very funny clip :lol: Top Gear is the best programme on TV, I especially liked the drag race in last weeks episode between Hammond in the Bugatti Veyron which is an AWSOME car (0-60mph in 2.46 seconds!!!) and a Eurofighter Typhoon jet!
Bakela

Currently Reading: MONSOON

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:02 am

Most of our favourite shows will have to stop because of the writer's strike....I will miss the shows I love like Prison Break, Supernatural and Heroes...but at least there are re-runs! :( :(
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby dodgy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:46 am

And what about teh ones that just get cut? I was quite enjoying Jericho until teh axe fell.......
dodgy

Postby Rivaan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:28 pm

Well since my previous replies are quite old, I can say that my favourite show now is Battlestar Galactica, followed by Firefly.

I went to a Firefly/BSG con last weekend and had the time of my life meeting the guests! I was able to talk to some of them for a while too, which was great. :D
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby dodgy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:28 am

I have just watched Firefly - season 1 and the movie, and i really enjoyed it. Another poor decision by the TV companies.

I am like a leaf on the wind - watch me soar!
dodgy

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri May 30, 2008 3:44 am

oh man firefly is the best! Captain Mal is my life :D

I always have the song from Jaynestown in my head
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Rivaan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Current fave show is either Heroes or Dexter.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby Ada » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 am

Rivaan wrote:Current fave show is either Heroes or Dexter.

I gave up on Heroes a while back because nobody would stay dead :? - I know that probably sounds weird but it turned into a show with a reset button! I think the writers ran out of ideas.

I have also watched two seasons of Dexter much to my surprise. That type of show is not usually my cup of tea but the acting and writing are simply brilliant. I was already aware of Michael C. Hall's talent as I watched Six Feet Under for 4 and a half years. (Stopped just after David (Michael's character), was assaulted and Claire started "batting for the other side". It was always a strange/different show but near the end, they went a bit too far for my liking.)

I'm still watching House and looking forward to Merlin which I think starts here on 3rd May.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby Rivaan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Right now, it's got to be The Big Bang Theory. :D
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby chookie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:54 am

On the buses will do me any day.
chookie

Currently Reading: In between books.

Postby delby » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Rivaan wrote:Right now, it's got to be The Big Bang Theory. :D

me too , I think Sheldon is one of the funniest characters ive seen on tv recently , coming second only to Nessa from gavin and stacy .
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby Nefer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Anyone watching "Spartacus: Blood and Sand"?
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby E-Hoog » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:43 am

Nefer wrote:Anyone watching "Spartacus: Blood and Sand"?

I have it on my To Watch List. Is it any good? Looks promising...
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby Nefer » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:39 am

The CGI on the first 3-5 episodes is just terrible, and the acting of some characters in eps 1 & 2 is laughable. I almost stopped watching - but once you get past ep 5 the show amps up into awesome over-drive.

It is very graphic in every sense imaginable, but I really enjoy it. Much better than HBO's "Rome", IMHO. I always wondered about gladiators and the lives they lived. "Gladiator" seemed to scratch the surface of Roman society, "Spartacus" digs deep into the muck and brings it into the light.

Season 2 filming has been postponed though as the star has been diagnosed with cancer. Sads.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Nefer wrote:The CGI on the first 3-5 episodes is just terrible, and the acting of some characters in eps 1 & 2 is laughable. I almost stopped watching - but once you get past ep 5 the show amps up into awesome over-drive.

It is very graphic in every sense imaginable, but I really enjoy it. Much better than HBO's "Rome", IMHO. I always wondered about gladiators and the lives they lived. "Gladiator" seemed to scratch the surface of Roman society, "Spartacus" digs deep into the muck and brings it into the light.

Season 2 filming has been postponed though as the star has been diagnosed with cancer. Sads.

I don't have Starz, but based on your review I may try to check it out via different means. I will report back!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Matbow » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Matbow wrote:I don't have Starz, but based on your review I may try to check it out via different means. I will report back!

So I just watched episode 5 last night and I have to say that I'm liking it a lot! Yes - the CGI is bad, but in an artistic non-realistic kinda way, and the acting is pretty wooden too, but overall it's a good distraction!

I'm also watching HBO's "The Pacific" and I like that too; not as good as Band of Brothers but still good and informative.

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Keep watching, it gets better!

I'll have to check out "Pacific" and "BoB", never got around to watching those.
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:16 pm

My wife Kelly and I like the Apprentice,the Law and Order series,and True Blood series as far out there that it is.What we watch is a lot of the National Geographic documentarys as well.It seems that the majority of nature broadcasts lean toward the continent of Africa and of course are interest has been heightened by reading Wilbur Smith novels.As well the broadcasts are in HD and very beautiful to view in video.In fact you can retrace and visualize the paths of the Courtenays and Ballyntines,for example the town of Kimberly and the diamond fields that were excavated as in the book.Also very informative on the peoples and politics of Africa - for example the Kings of the tribes and the powers they really do have.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Rivaan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Wow, that sounds pretty cool, John.

As for me, I am currently watching Smallville. I started from the beginning less than 2 months ago, and have almost got to the end of season 9. I'm really liking it and my interest in DC comics has grown because of it, go figure. I have also developed a man-crush for Tom Welling; he's just so cool! I am going to be hitting the gym at some point to try to get a body that's at least anywhere close to his. :oops: I also think he should play the next Superman! Especially since Christoper Reeve (R.I.P.) had given him his blessing as the next Man of Steel and even appeared in Smallville several times. Regardless, though, of who they'll choose, and what they'll do, I'm really looking forward to the new MoS movie!
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV